The incredible Prado Museum in Madrid is celebrating its 200th anniversary this year and our Spain & Portugal tour will take you there for a special visit. Welcoming on average three million visitors per year, this incredible gallery is home to a range of drawings, paintings, prints and photographs that are on display, and it also boasts numerous works by Goya as well as those by the likes of Velázquez and Rubens.
Our very own Sarah Bertisch is a huge fan of the Prado Museum, telling us that it is "one of the best I have ever visited". Sarah explained: "The layout and special planning of this museum is magnificent, and it boasts an extraordinary collection that ranges from Fra Angelico and Goya to Raphael, Rembrandt and many more."
At the Prado, you can find pieces that range from the 12th to the early 19th century, and it was commissioned first as a natural science museum by King Charles III of Spain back in the 1780s.
Book a place on our Spain & Portugal tour, departing on May 22 and running for an impressive 17-days, and spend a glorious afternoon wandering its awe-inspiring collections.
Spain & Portugal - from $9,020pp
- Explore magnificent Roman ruins at the UNESCO-listed site of Mérida
- Discover Granada's Alhambra Palace, an eternal love letter to Moorish culture
- Sample delicious sherries during a tasting at Bodegas Lustau
- Wander around the monumental tombs of Carmona Necropolis, a complex of intriguing Iron Age and Roman tombs
- Spend an afternoon at the mighty Prado Museum, celebrating its 200th anniversary this year