Visit Morocco, where the Atlas Mountains, Sahara and the Atlantic Ocean all provide the backdrop to your explorations. All four seasons can be experienced in this dazzling country and, depending on which part you choose to discover, a striking array of landscapes await here, too. The gateway to Africa, Morocco’s delights range from its bustling souks, where authentic handicrafts and traditional items can be purchased or admired, to its ancient ruins that tell stories about its vibrant history. Enjoy a taste of fragrant North African cuisine, discover Morocco’s links with Rome at the archaeological site of Volubilis, or learn about customs and practices of Rif mountain Berbers. There is much to discover in Morocco.
Country Information - Morocco
- Currency - The Moroccan dirham is the currency of Morocco
- How to Dress - Morocco is a Muslim country so it is important to dress conservatively in non-tourist regions. Temperatures can get extremely hot in the summer in Morocco
- Cultural Differences - Morocco is predominantly a Muslim country. Moroccans believe in honor and dignity and put huge significance on how other people portray them. Family is also very important in Moroccan society
- Language - Arabic is the official language of Morocco although English and French are widely spoken
- Tipping - In Morocco, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is advisable to add 10%. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers