Visit Armenia, a country whose sights, traditions and cultures are simply revelatory. Its often dramatic landscapes frame medieval monasteries, the delicious cuisine on offer sheds light on the country’s customs and heritage, and the warmth of Armenia’s locals is enough to make any traveler feel at home. From its 2,000-year-old Graeco Roman Temple of Garni to the UNESCO-listed ruined complex at Zvartnots Cathedral, there is much to discover in this monument-rich yet lesser-visited destination.
Country Information - Armenia
- Currency - The currency of Armenia is the Armenian dram
- How to Dress - Armenia is fairly liberal when it comes to dress
- Cultural Differences - Armenian Apostolic Church is the dominant religion in Armenia (94%). Armenia was the first nation to adopt Christianity
- Language - Armenian is the official language or Armenia
- Tipping - Tipping is not customary in Armenia but it is commonplace to add a tip for good service. Between 10% - 20% is acceptable. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers