Visit Cambodia and lose yourself in Khmer culture, magnificent temple complexes and the mesmerizing fusion of ancient and modern worlds. Take an all-encompassing tour of the UNESCO-listed Angkor Wat complex, explore the atmospheric Ta Prohm with its gigantic root systems that have claimed the structure as their own, and wander around its surprisingly urban cities. This country is home to unforgettable landscapes, friendly people and fascinating history.
November 9 2019 (Guaranteed Departure)
Country Information - Cambodia
- Currency - The currency of Cambodia is the Cambodian riel
- How to Dress - Cambodian dress is fairly liberal however you will need to cover up when visiting religious areas. Cambodia can get very hot and humid so it's advisable to pack lightweight layers of clothing
- Cultural Differences - Theravada Buddhism is the predominant religion of Cambodia. Hierarchy and Collectivism are important. Monks will walk in order of rank
- Language - 90% of people speak the official language of Khmer in Cambodia
- Tipping - Tipping is not required in Cambodia however it will be appreciated by the local workers. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers