Visit Cyprus, a sun-soaked and small island that claims to be the birthplace of Aphrodite. Along with its undeniably stunning beaches, it is also home to myriad ancient riches. Bronze Age settlements, Byzantine mosaics and Neolithic ruins can be explored here, and the remains of a superb Greco-Roman theater await in Kourion. Elsewhere, discover the Troodos Mountains and their collection of both ancient churches and monasteries from the Byzantine Empire. With a gorgeous Mediterranean climate, a vacation here is a welcome one and delicious Cypriot cuisine will ensure you enjoy a taste of the epicurean lifestyle during your visit as well as a cultural and historical one.
Country Information - Cyprus
- Currency - The currency of Cyprus is the Euro
- How to Dress - Cyprus is fairly liberal although more so in the tourist areas. It can get very hot in summer so pack light layers
- Cultural Differences - Greek Orthodox is the predominant religion of Cyprus. Hierarchy and family are both important in Cypriot society
- Language - Turkish is the official language of Cyprus however less than 15% speak it. 84% of people speak the other official language of Greek
- Tipping - In Cyprus, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 10%. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers