Visit Georgia, where glorious mountain scenery and brightly colored buildings in vibrant cities coexist harmoniously. Claiming to be the birthplace of wine and often described as the ‘balcony’ of Europe, this Eurasian country is mind-blowing in more ways than one. From the kind of natural landscapes that will leave any visitor speechless to its fascinating cave cities, and from its lively capital of Tbilisi to its historic archaeological site at Uplistsikhe – a tour of Georgia is bound to inspire and fascinate.
Country Information - Georgia
- Currency - The currency of Georgia is the Georgian Lari
- How to Dress - Georgia is fairly conservative for a European country when it comes to dress. Summers can get very warm and winters very cold, so pack appropriately
- Cultural Differences - The majority of Georgians belong the Georgian Orthodox religion. Georgians are renowned for being warm and hospitable. Age, position and power earn respect in Georgia
- Language - Georgian is the official language or Georgia
- Tipping -Tipping is not customary in Georgia but it is commonplace to add a tip for good service. Up to 10% is acceptable. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers