Visit Japan, where the complexities and progressions of modern life are seamlessly intertwined with ancient traditions. It is an atmospheric destination and one that will surprise you at every turn. Feed friendly deer who will bow for food at the charming Nara Park, take a walk through the otherworldly Bamboo Forest, and tour stunning temples on a vacation here. Discovering Japanese culture, meanwhile, is something that can be done in every restaurant. From its yatai street food stands and communal hot-pot dishes, to the meticulous presentation and representation of flavor you’ll find during a kaiseki – a meal in Japan can be a transcendent, enlightening experience in more ways than one.
Country Information - Japan
- Currency - Japanese Yen is the currency of Japan.
- How to Dress - The Japanese dress very similarly to Westerners. They are quite conservative and often dress smartly.
- Cultural Differences - Japan is a country associated with hierarchy and respect. Japanese people are extremely punctual and polite. They are also very clean.
- Language - Japanese is the primary language of Japan.
- Tipping -Tipping is not customary in Japan - gifts are more widely offered instead of money as a sign of appreciation.