Visit Myanmar and let its golden-topped pagodas, spiritual presence and ancient traditions enchant you. A visit here is always memorable thanks to its stunning landscapes that range from ruined temples rising from the forest floor to its lush rice fields, and the stories waiting to be uncovered will linger in the memory long after you return home. A country still undergoing transition, Myanmar is home to incredible sites such as ancient Bagan, where hot air balloons glide majestically over temple peaks, and Yangon’s 326-foot tall gilded Shwedagon Pagoda. Visit the wooden Phe Kyaung Monastery known for its jumping cats, observe the traditional rowing methods still used by local fishermen at Inle Lake, and enjoy a tasting at the Sunset Wine Garden on the Aythaya Vineyard Estate. The opportunities for adventure here know no limits.
November 9 2019 (Guaranteed Departure)
Country Information - Myanmar (Burma)
- Currency - The currency of Myanmar is the Burmese kyat
- How to Dress - It is important to dress conservatively in Myanmar. A general rule is to ensure you cover your shoulders and your knees. It is recommended that you wear breathable fabric. Long sleeved fabric will protect you from mosquitos
- Cultural Differences - The predominant religion of Myanmar is Theravada Buddhism. Courtesy and respect for tradition, religion and family are expected in Myanmar
- Language - The official language of Myanmar is Burmese
- Tipping - Tipping is not customary in Myanmar but it is commonplace to add a tip for good service. Up to 10% is acceptable. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers