Visit Vietnam, where Hanoi’s bustling streets contrast with the sublime calm of the sprawling rice fields, and where the ethereal beauty of Halong Bay with its limestone pillars can be experienced alongside a visit to the large complex at My Son sanctuary. Explore ancient temples, where Vietnam’s history, traditions and culture can be explored. Delve into the local flavor at mealtimes, watch a memorable sunrise and take a boat ride out to Thien Ha Cave.
Country Information - Vietnam
- Currency - The currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong
- How to Dress - Vietnam dress is fairly liberal however it becomes more conservative in the north. Vietnam can get very hot and humid so it's advisable to pack lightweight layers of clothing
- Cultural Differences - Confucianism is a system that Vietnamese people live by. It stresses duty, loyalty, honor, filial piety (respect of one's parents), respect of age, seniority and sincerity
- Language - Vietnamese is the official language of Vietnam
- Tipping - Tipping is not customary in Vietnam but it is commonplace to add a tip for good service. Up to 10% is acceptable. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers