Visit France, a popular vacation destination where something new can be encountered with every return. From its stunning cities that lead the way in gastronomy and style, to its rural and coastal locations where ancient tales can be explored – France truly does have it all. Discover a Neolithic passage grave known as Fairies’ Rock, wander around the enchanting UNESCO-listed Mont Saint-Michel and walk among the pre-Celtic standing stones – the Carnac Alignments. In addition to this country’s spectacular sites, its culture is what keeps visitors returning year after year. Enjoy a hearty bowl of boeuf bourguignon on the patio of a restaurant in charming Montmartre, admire some artistic masterworks at France’s phenomenal galleries and treat yourself to a memorable glass of Bordeaux not far from where it was expertly produced.
May 28 2020
Country Information - France
- Currency - The currency of France is the Euro which replaced the Franc
- How to Dress - Most areas are relatively liberal. French people are renowned for dressing smartly. The weather can be changeable so pack for different conditions
- Cultural Differences - France is renowned for it's array of art especially in Paris. Fashion plays a prominent part in daily life. Family life is important. French are considered romantics
- Language - The language of France is French
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in France. 5 - 10% is a reasonable amount. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers