Visit Greece, home to some of the world’s most renowned myths and legends that come vividly back to life at every turn. Sun-soaked landscapes play host to ruined temples, the flavors of traditional cuisine are somehow enhanced by the warmth of the locals, and ancient stories are told through visits to monuments straight from the pages of legendary books. Marvel at the Meteora monasteries perched atop rock columns, explore the home of the original Olympic Games at Epidaurus and wander around the mighty Acropolis at Athens.
Country Information - Greece
- Currency - The currency of Greece is the Euro which replaced the drachma
- How to Dress - Greece is very casual when it comes to dress. Temperatures are often very high so pack accordingly
- Cultural Differences - Greece is often described as the birthplace of European civilisation. 98% of Greeks are Greek Orthodox. Easter is by far the most important religious holiday in Greece
- Language - The official language of Greece is Greek
- Tipping - In Greece, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added a 5% tip will suffice. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers