Visit Latvia, home to Europe’s widest waterfall, surprisingly beautiful beaches and pagan festivals. Over half of this county is covered by forest, which makes it a refreshing place to explore and Latvia’s midsummer celebrations are made that much more special by the 20-hours of daylight it enjoys during the season. Outside of its natural wonders, Latvia’s history is just as mesmerizing. The capital of Riga is an appealing historic city with a distinctive Baltic character. It boasts a wealth of Art Nouveau architecture, a 13th century cathedral and a carefully restored 14th century castle. The ideal destination for a traveler wanting something both refreshing and captivating.
Country Information - Latvia
- Currency - The currency of Latvia is the Euro
- How to Dress - Latvia is fairly liberal when is comes to dress
- Cultural Differences - Since the end of communism in Latvia there has been a resurgence in religion with the majority of the population belonging to the Lutheran church. Hierarchy and family are both very important in Latvia
- Language - Latvian is the official language of Latvia
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Latvia. 10% is a reasonable amount. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers