Visit Malta, a glorious island destination often known for its sea and sand, but also home to some startling archaeological sites that will leave the curious traveler hungry for more. The beautiful landscape provides the perfect setting in which to explore its wealth of history and there is much on offer. Architecturally refined, culturally rich and fascinating to boot, Malta is where you can find one of the world’s oldest free-standing monuments, walk around a vast prehistoric rock-cut catacomb at the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum and go in search of ancient tales in its capital city of Valletta. Its central Mediterranean location made it an alluring destination to many would-be conquerors, and evidence of its turbulent past can be seen in its fortified towns. A visit to this wonderful country will show you exactly why it is often referred to as one big open-air museum.
Country Information - Malta
- Currency - The currency of Malta is the Euro
- How to Dress - In most areas of Malta casual attire is acceptable. Temperatures in summer months can rise significantly
- Cultural Differences - Malta has been influenced over many years by its neighbouring Mediterranean countries. Due to its location is has been used as a strategic base throughout many historic wards. As many as 95% of Malta is Roman Catholic
- Language - English and Maltese are the official languages of Malta
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Malta. 5 - 10% is a reasonable amount. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers