Visit Norway, a year-round destination where the activities on offer are decided by its weather. Regardless of whether you need to wrap up warm or take advantage of Norway’s longer daylight hours in summer, there is so much to see and do here. From the elusive Aurora Borealis and the awe-inspiring fjords, to its spectacular wildlife and vibrant cities – just being here is enough to enchant the visitor, and that’s before you’ve taken time to explore properly. In its forward-thinking capital of Oslo, travel back to the Norse past at the Kulturhistorisk Museum. Visit the Bygdøy Peninsula and discover its Vikingskipshuset, which was specially constructed to house three 9th century Viking ships excavated from burial mounds. Where cuisine is concerned, anticipate locally reared meats, traditional fare such as cured or air-dried fish, and incredible seafood. A vacation here is bound to be rejuvenating as much as it is fascinating.
Country Information - Norway
- Currency - The currency of Norway is the Norwegian krone
- How to Dress - Norwegians often dress smartly. It can be very cold in Norway so pack several layers to keep warm
- Cultural Differences - Approximately 80% of Norwegians are Christian. Norway has an exceptional equality policy where women receive equal pay to men. Norwegian society is based on respect
- Language - Norwegian is the official language of Norway
- Tipping - Tipping is expected in Norway. 5% - 10% is a reasonable amount. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers