Visit Sweden and fall in love with its vibrant cities, colorful coastlines and Nordic charm. The largest of the Scandinavian countries, this is a destination set to inspire any kind of traveler, from the design-conscious to the archaeologically-minded, and from the culture vulture to the food lover. In dynamic Stockholm, wander the cobbled streets of Gamla Stan, indulge in cutting-edge cuisine and soak up the artistic atmosphere between visits to royal palaces, fascinating museums and sites that showcase its evolution. Discover the archipelago, home to almost 30,000 islands and where you’ll find the Viking town of Birka. Pay a visit to the Vasamuséet, where the mighty Vasa warship now stands. And explore the island of Gotland, where old and new exist harmoniously. With a large proportion of its population able to speak English, and signs in both Swedish and English, this is an accessible yet exciting destination to experience.
Country Information - Sweden
- Currency - The currency of Sweden is the Swedish krona
- How to Dress - Swedish people are renowned for being fashionable and stylish. They often dress in smart-casual clothing
- Cultural Differences - Swedes are often characterized as being calm and humble. Swedes are also private. Family is important, Maternity/Paternity leave usually lasts 18 months
- Language - The official language of Sweden is Swedish. English is widely spoken in tourist areas
- Tipping - In Sweden, if a service charge is already added to the bill then tipping is not necessary. If a service charge is not added it is customary to add 5% - 10%. Archaeological Tours will take care of gratuities to restaurant staff, local guides and drivers