Morocco truly is a land of contrasts, where rolling fertile plains disappear into the beauty of the empty Sahara and the endless Atlantic coastline confronts the rugged snowcapped Atlas Mountains. As we journey through the great Roman and Islamic cities, and the remote kasbahs and ksour, we will study Morocco’s 6,000 years of archaeology, art, and architecture. We will benefit from the rich cultural heritage and the fascinating traditions forged from the heritage of the Berbers, Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Romans, Arabs, Portuguese, French and even Spanish, all of whom have called this California-sized country home.
The tour emphasizes medieval Islamic Morocco and the Imperial Cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fes and Marrakech, from which the Moroccans ruled an area that stretched from Spain to Timbuktu. We will also enjoy many other aspects of this enchanting country, including modern mosques, desert dunes, awe-inspiring canyons, the most beautiful handicrafts displayed in sumptuous bazaars, and, everywhere we stop, superb Moroccan cuisine.
- Expert scholar & tour manager
- Local transport & private transfer to/from airport and group hotel
- Entries & tips
- Meals - as per the itinerary
- A name badge, luggage strap and bag tag
- A study guide, reading list, and other useful tour documentation compiled by your expert scholar and your Archaeological Tours team
- Three lectures from your expert scholar