This page is where you’ll find all the latest travel advice so please check for any updates that might relate to your upcoming tours with us.
A message from the CEO, Jackie Willis
To all our valued customers in 2020
In these challenging times for each of us individually and for the travel industry, I wanted to set out our position with regard to your holiday bookings for the remainder of the year.
As a medium-sized travel company, we are dealing with the impact of an unprecedented situation on hundreds of tour departures and thousands of customers. It will take time to do this, and we need to be sure that we are following the latest UK Government advice at all times. As such, we are working through our tours strictly in date order, please be assured that we will be in contact with you, but I would respectfully ask for your patience so that we can we can deal with the most urgent matters first.
From a personal perspective, I’ve been in the travel industry for more than 30 years and I have never experienced a situation like this. It is genuinely unprecedented, and changing all the time. We are doing everything we can to prioritise the health and wellbeing of our travellers, and to offer you the most convenient alternative arrangements if COVID-19 results in the postponement of your tour. Please bear with us and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Thank you again for your custom, and best wishes from Archaeological Tours.
Jackie Willis CEO,
- We are in the process of identifying which tours within this date range need to be rescheduled.
- We will be in touch with you at least seven days before you were due to depart – please only call us if your tour is due to depart within seven days and you haven’t yet heard from us.
- Guests travelling from 8th June to 31st July will receive communication from us week commencing 01st June
- We will outline new dates of travel when we contact you. There will be no admin fee to transfer to the new dates, we will match your 2020 price (or refund the difference in the event that the 2021 price is lower) and issue you a voucher to the value of 10% of your booking value to use against any Archaeological Tours tour. This credit is valid for bookings up to 31 January 2021 (if flights were included in your original package) or 31 March 2021 (if flights were not included) and may be combined with any other offers.
- If you wish to transfer to any other Archaeological Tours tour departing in 2020 or 2021, we will match the 2020 price of that tour for you and you can also take advantage of the 10% credit offer. Many 2021 tours may now be found on our website.
We continue to monitor our tours on a case by case basis. Unfortunately many of our August tours will be cancelled either as a result of FCO advice or because our local partners are not yet in a position to action our 11-point COVID-19 plan. If you are booked on an August tour, you may take advantage of the following offer, which ends 3 August 2020:
- Transfer to a 2021 tour free of charge saving you £50pp
- Transfer to a 2021 tour at the 2020 price, potentially saving you £100s
If your tour has been cancelled we will contact you at the latest 7-14 days prior to departure to update you on your options.
- We are currently operating on the assumption that these tours will go ahead as planned.
- For your peace of mind, your balance for holidays due to depart up to 31 December 2020 will not now be due until 42 days prior to departure (previously 84 days). There may be a couple of exceptions to this, where we are obliged to commit to payments in advance – you will receive a letter advising your balance due date.
- If you wish to transfer to any 2021 tour now, there will be no charge to do so (until 3 August 2020) and we will match the 2020 price of that tour. Transfers after 4 August 2020 will incur an administrative charge of £50 per person (standard charge £100 per person) and the 2021 tour price will be payable.
- If you wish to cancel now, normal booking conditions apply.
- We reserve the right to cancel your tour within 12 weeks if the number of late customer cancellations make the tour commercially unviable.